The power to talk doesn’t make you good
When the Phantom Menace was introduced, an enormous identify actor was wanted to provide the movie so referred to as gravitas as there have been no components for the Hamils or Solos so Lucas got here up with Liam Neeson to play the Jedi Grasp Qui-Gon Jin.
What a job he did!
It is this creator’s opinion that this Jedi was among the finest that has been on the silver display screen and that’s principally resulting from Liam Neeson’s appearing.
Qui Gon’s character was the epitome of a real Jedi – calm below stress, sensible and diligent and a terrific fighter – the finale duel the place he and a younger Kenobi took on Darth Maul is taken into account on the most effective Star Wars saber fights.
Here is some information, quotes and trivia about Qui Gon
- A venerable if maverick Jedi Grasp, Qui-Gon Jinn was a scholar of the residing Power. Not like different Jedi Masters, who typically lose themselves within the meditation of the unifying Power, Qui-Gon Jinn lived for the second, espousing a philosophy of “really feel, do not assume — use your instincts.”
- The Phantom Menace’s manufacturing units had been constructed solely as excessive because the tops of the actors’ heads and pc graphics stuffed in the remainder. However it was realised that Liam Neeson was so tall that they wanted to construct issues taller and this value the manufacturing one other $150,000 in development prices.
- The Jedi stands at a tall peak of 1.93 meters.
- Quote stated to Jar Jar: The power to talk doesn’t make you clever. Now get out of right here.
- Phantom Menace is the one movie within the collection through which the top-credited actor performs a non-recurring character, and through which the top-credited character dies.
- What’s in a reputation? The identify “Qui Gon” derives from an historical Chinese language system of other medication referred to as “Qigong”. The phrase “Jinn” refers back to the “Djinn” one of many so referred to as genies of Arabian delusion.
- Qui-Gon was truly a padawan of Depend Dooku.
- Actor Liam Neeson described his character thus: “He is nearly like a monk, an old-time warrior who is sensible and fairly philosophical, but very expert in martial arts. He has unimaginable confidence, in addition to a magical high quality that permits him to see into the longer term. He is not likely a insurgent, however he has his personal code.”
- A foreboding trade:
- Anakin: You are a Jedi Knight, aren’t you?
- Qui-Gon Jinn: What makes you assume that?
- Anakin: I noticed your laser sword. Solely Jedi carry that sort of weapon.
- Qui-Gon Jinn: Maybe I killed a Jedi and took it from him.
- Anakin: I do not assume so. Nobody can kill a Jedi.
- Qui-Gon Jinn: I want that had been so.
- In Star Wars Episode II: Assault of the Clones, Qui-Gon Jinn’s voice is heard shouting “Anakin! Anakin!” passing via the Power when grasp Yoda senses wayward Anakin Skywalker’s slaughter of the Tuskens. The novelization of the movie narrates that is the primary time that Yoda encounters a Jedi’s spirit who has handed into the Power. Close to the top of Revenge of the Sith Yoda reveals to Obi-Wan that Qui-Gon has “returned from the netherworld of the Power” to show them the best way to turn out to be one with the Power. Yoda and Obi-Wan obtain this coaching throughout their exile on the planets of Dagobah and Tatooine.
|The well-known ‘Duel of the Fates’ scene|
- Opposite to common perception, town the place Qui-Gon discovers a younger Anakin just isn’t the well-known spaceport of Mos Eisley, however a special place referred to as Mos Espa. Qui-Gon’s description of Mos Espa is sort of the identical, if not the identical phrase for phrase, as Obi-Wan’s description of Mos Eisley throughout A New Hope.
- The trade that defined what the Power was:
- Anakin: What are midi-chlorians?
- Qui-Gon Jinn: Midi-chlorians are a microscopic life type that resides inside all residing cells.Qui-Gon Jinn’s hand-held communicator is a refashioned Sensor Excel Razor for Ladies. Easy bro, easy.
- Qui-Gon Jinn: There’s at all times a much bigger fish.
- An early concept that George Lucas had was for Jinn to have lengthy white hair. In hindsight that was a sensible alternative because it sounds that may have been too Gandalf the White like.
Further for Specialists: Here is Liam Neeson in a behind the scenes picture from a scene on Tatooine – seems to be like he is returned to the ship with spare components received from Wotto: